Saturday, November 22, 2008

Successful deer season!

I went deer hunting this afternoon at David and Lisa McGhee's farm north of Worth, MO. I went with Lisa and her daughter Courtney's boyfriend, Adam. The deer being held up in the picture is mine, it is a smaller 8 point, Adam's deer is in the foreground and it is a real nice 8 pointer.
The worst part of the whole ordeal was dragging the deer through the bean field and up the terrace levy bank to load in the truck, both deer were a good distance from the terrace levy so we had our work cut out for us, I didn't know how out of shape I am until dragging a couple deer through the fields....glad it is over!!Here is another picture after field dressing. My good friend David McGhee was kind enough to field dress it for me....what great friends we have.

No comments: