Tuesday, December 16, 2008

One chilly morning!

I woke up this morning thinking it was rather chilly in the house but since it was snowing outside and the wind chill readings were around 10 below zero this morning I didn't think much of it. After being awake for a bit I decided to go down and turn up the thermostat so it would be warmer when the girls got up. Upon checking the thermostat I discovered it was 49 degrees in our house this morning and we didn't have a furnace running.
After driving around town to locate the local HVAC guys ( you have to know what coffee spot they are at depending on the time of morning) I could not locate them. I was then told they had fresh homemade cinnamon rolls at the lumber yard so I headed there. I did find them at the lumber yard only to be told they could not work on my furnace because they could not work on a Lennox furnace and would have no parts. (The cinnamon rolls were really good though) They told me to call another place, after calling them, they told me they were snowed under and didn't know if they would get there or not.
I was just standing there looking at the furnace and said "God I don't know anything about this furnace but you do, you were there when the engineers designed it and you know how it works better than anyone, give me wisdom and direct me to fix this furnace." I then felt like I should take this cover off the front of the furnace, I took a bolt out and the furnace started, ran for about two seconds and shut off. I then took out another bolt and the furnace started and continued to run. I thought how strange, but I noticed that the furnace was sucking air in through the bolt holes and it came to me that the furnace was not getting enough air for combustion. I headed outside to check the intake and sure enough it was covered with snow. I clean it off, installed another fitting so it wouldn't happen again and the furnace started right up and continues to run as I type this. Isn't God good!!!! I thank him for the Holy Spirit and his guidance and direction....He cares about our furnace running.

2 comments:

Glynis said...

What a great testimony! Praise God!

The Raineys said...

Glory to God!!! He is so good!!